Guys, I forgot how exhausting the beginning of the school year is; I have literally been in bed by 8:30 every day this week. On top of that, my classroom is still a wreck, and classes start on Monday! With us starting a new school, there are so many things that we all still need to work out, and our team has been working together non stop to hammer out the crucial details, sometimes to ad nauseam. But once Monday comes, it will all be worth it. These 6th grade babies – grown ups – will walk through our doors, and we will get to geek out over books, grammar (yes, I love to geek out over grammar!), writing, and everything else school.
Since I can’t show you my beautiful Reading Rainbow classroom yet because it is still a massive work in progress, I will gift you with my list of excitements for the year.
- Classroom Economy, complete with job chart, classroom store, and specially designed money courtesy of my wonderful hubby
- Book Club – what started out as just another thing on the never ending list of teacher obligations has quickly turned into a fun adventure searching for fun titles to share with my rambunctious group of 6th graders
- Parking Lot to house all of the off topic, irrelevant, or lengthy questions for us to get to later
- “Ketchup Binder” to house daily notes, extra handouts, and announcements for absent students
- Classroom Fridge – because every teacher needs teacher snacks, and even better, it has a separate freezer for popsicles or Ben and Jerry’s!